I can’t believe it, I finally have a finished Farmer’s Wife quilt top!!! As I was piecing the center of the quilt top together, I couldn’t help but notice how pretty it looked on my sewing table.
And take a look at those fussy cut sashing squares. It’s one of my favorite things about this quilt now. I have counted and there are 101 different red and white fabrics in this quilt top.
Today is a snow day for my son, so I decided to take the quilt top out for a few photos. Thankfully I was able to get at least one full shot of the front of the quilt (notice the little snow flakes flying). As I stated in my last post, I am using only 50 of the Farmer’s Wife quilt blocks in my quilt. I used the same layout that they call for in the book (same size sashing, etc), it’s just smaller than the bed sized versions. My quilt finishes at about 57″ x 66″.
That one full shot above was all I could get because the wind had other plans as you can tell by the photo below. Right after i took this one, the quilt fell from one of it’s hangers.
Even though the quilt top was now only “half” hanging, it still made for some pretty shots.
This last photo shows the border fabric a little clearer. It kind of reads as a solid, but is actually a red on red dot.
I’ve decided to send this quilt top out for custom longarm quilting by someone who has a lot more skill than I do. I just know that my quilting wouldn’t do the quilt top justice and I want this beauty to be a showstopper 🙂
Thanks to you all for the encouragement along the way. This quilt is a lot of work, but worth it in the end (no matter how many blocks you make!).